ITA
ENG
Sculpture made ​​of stainless chromium-nickel finish. Signature and date on one side Bill/75, 1975, cm 18x20.5x18.5

Provenienza
Arteba Gallery,Zurich

Esposizioni
Sozzifanti Palace,Pistoia,Italy

Pubblicazioni
Grandi maestri,piccole sculture............cat pag 86-87,illustrata a colori
bibliografia,Eduard Huttinger,Max Bill,ABC Verlag,Zurigo 1977,pag 208 illustrata a colori.

Konstruktion aus Drei Gleichen prismen (0081)

Max Bill (1908-1994) is a Swiss artist fluent in many art forms such as architecture, painting, typography, and graphic design. He studied at the Bauhaus from 1927 until 1929, which is when he moved to Zurich and began working. In 1931 he began working within the principles of art concret, calling for a "universal art of absolute clarity based on controlled arithmetical construction." In 1937 Bill joined the association of modern Swiss artists "Allianz". Then in 1944 he founded the journal abstrakt knokret as well as obtaining a position at the Zurich Kunstgewerbeschule, teaching form. In 1950 Bill began to help design both the curriculum and buildings for the Hoschule fur Gestaltung in Ulm, Germany. In 1952 he would serve as the principal and head of the department of architecture and product form. The school would operate until 1968 and had education and design goals similar to that of the Bauhaus. Bill would go on to teach environmental design at the Staatliche Hochschule fur Bildende Kunste in Hamburg from 1967 to 1974. During the 1980’s Bill created several monumental sculptures. During Bill’s career he received several awards. In Brazil he was awarded the Grand Prix for sculpture at the Sao Paulo Biennale in 1951, and in the same year, in Italy he was awarded the Grand Prix for Swiss pavilion at the Milan Triennale. In 1987 he received the Frank J. Malina Leonardo Award. He also managed to hold over 200 one-man exhibitions of his work.

Max * Bill